The Apollo Alliance Project of the BlueGreen Alliance Foundation recognized government, business, community, environmental and labor leaders at their annual The Right Stuff Awards Dinner. The honorees were given awards for their efforts to promote a sustainable environment and economy.
“We are proud to recognize these leaders who are dedicated to protecting the environment, creating good jobs, and improving our communities,” said Phil Angelides, Chairman of the Apollo Alliance Advisory Board. “The work being done by these honorees to create a secure clean energy future and open up new markets will help ensure we have a strong middle class.”
“These are the leaders who are turning great challenges into great opportunities,” said Kim Glas, President of the BlueGreen Alliance Foundation. “Together, in communities across the country, we will continue to lead the charge to accelerate the growth of clean energy, good jobs and a stronger American economy.”
Our distinguished 2014 Honorees were:
- Government Award: Dr. Ernest Moniz, United States Secretary of Energy
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Maggie Fox, Recent Past President and CEO, Climate Reality Project
- Environmental Award: Rick Fedrizzi, CEO and Founding Chairman, U.S. Green Building Council
- Community Award: KC Golden, Senior Policy Advisor, Climate Solutions and Jeffrey Johnson, President, Washington State Labor Council, AFL-CIO
- Labor Award: William Hite, General President, United Association (UA)
- Business Award: Kaiser Permanente
See intro videos for each of the recipients, as well as a special introduction by former Vice President Al Gore for Maggie Fox, below.
The Apollo Alliance Project of the BlueGreen Alliance Foundation offers a bold vision to catalyze the transition to a clean energy economy. Working with our coalition of labor, business, environmental and community leaders we will reduce carbon emissions and oil imports, spur domestic job growth, and position America to thrive in the 21st century economy. Annually, the Apollo Alliance Project has honored leaders and businesses at the forefront of the clean economy in California and around the country for their contributions to a strong economy and a safe, healthy environment. Past honorees include California Governor Jerry Brown, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi, and Natural Resources Defense Council President Frances Beinecke.