Buy Local Buy Healthy
Building Clean 2019 was a summit that looked at the power of procurement in the built environment to bring better health, jobs, and equity to communities.
The goal of Build Clean 2019 was to demonstrate innovative practices across sectors that could be adapted by other stakeholders. Sustainable procurement is about much more than recycled paper. It reaches into every aspect of buildings, which is what all businesses, government, and communities have in common.
The summit looked at both those who implement buy local and buy healthy principles and those impacted by them. The idea was to offer a great chance to learn how others within and outside individual industry are approaching the procurement of locally made and/or healthier materials. Speakers also offered free resources to help participants’ locate the products.
Speakers included representatives from:
- American Institute for Architects
- American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy
- Consumer’s Energy of Michigan
- Ecology Center
- City of Richmond, CA
- Health Product Declaration Collaborative
- Healthy Building Network
- Housing Partnership Network
- Illinois Green Alliance (formerly IL U.S. Green Building Council)
- International Living Future Institute
- Lake Research Partners
- Portland State University (former)
- San Francisco Public Utilities Commission
- University of Chicago
- WAP Sustainability Consulting
- Wight & Company